OJSP and SPS Journal submission options
Submit a Paper to the OJSP Review Track
Following the same timeline as the conference papers, authors have the option to submit their paper for publication with the Open Journal of Signal Processing instead of in the conference proceedings. This journal is 100% open access, which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or their institutions.
This partnership between ICASSP and the Open Journal of Signal Processing (OJSP) provides an alternative to the standard ICASSP review track for papers intended for presentation at ICASSP. The primary differences are:
- The page limit is 8+1 rather than 4+1 pages.
- Manuscript review is managed by the OJSP editorial board rather than the ICASSP Technical Program Committee.
- Accepted manuscripts are published as Open Access articles in OJSP rather than in the ICASSP conference proceedings.
- Accepted authors will be responsible for the discounted article processing charge (APC) of US$995 and an author registration at ICASSP 2023, which would cover up to four accepted papers.
For further details of the submission process, see the OJSP information for authors. If a manuscript is intended for presentation at ICASSP, it is essential that the “ICASSP” Paper Type be selected during Step 1 of the submission process, and that submission be completed by the standard ICASSP 2023 submission deadline of 19 October 2022.
Note: All articles are currently published under Creative Commons licenses (either CCBY or CCBY-NC-ND), and the author retains copyright. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles published under CCBY, or use them for any other lawful purpose, as long as proper attribution is given. Articles published under CCBY-NC-ND are also available to users under the same conditions as CCBY, but the reuse cannot be for commercial purposes or change the work in any way.
Request ICASSP Presentation of an SPS Journal Paper
Authors who have published a paper in a Signal Processing Journal within the last year may submit their published journal paper and present it at the conference, in order to discuss and advance the research and find additional collaborative opportunities. Presentation is subject to space availability.
Authors of journal papers will receive an acceptance letter, and upon registration will receive an invoice and invitation letter to apply for internal funding and/or travel visa to attend and present the paper. Where possible, journal papers presented at the conference will be included in the conference proceedings provided to conference attendees, by downloading the original paper from IEEE Xplore® to include on conference proceedings for attendees. Journal papers will not be included in the conference proceedings.
Eligibility requirements are outlined below:
- Paper must have been published or accepted for publication within the 12-month period preceding the conference paper notification of acceptance date;
- Paper topic should be aligned with the conference’s technical program, and authors should select relevant EDICS from the conference’s list;
- Authors of accepted journal papers must meet the same registration requirements as all authors, including the total number of papers that can be covered by a single registration.